Map of Central America

Map of Central America
It seems that some of you are confused as to where Honduras is. Feel free to study this map and decrease your ignorance of world geography. I live a little southeast of the town of Copan on the western side of Honduras.

Monday, November 17, 2008

from the mind of an 8th grader

I asked my 8th graders to write a story using past tense verbs. Here is a great one:

Godzy
Godzy was a little gecko. He was a very little gecko. One day he found...A RADIOACTIVE GECKO TREAT! He ate it and thought it was delicious. But he felt some what weird. He didn't care and went home.

That night his claws started growing. They were bigger than a cat. When he woke up he said "Wow! I'm bigger!" Then he took sun and then took a bath. In a RADIOACTIVE WASTE BARREL! After that he fainted. When he woke up, he saw trees beneath him. "Maybe they are bushes," he told himself. Then he found a city and because they shoot him he got mad and destroyed accidentally.

That's how Godzy became Godzilla!

____________________________________________________________

This boy has very good English, but I left in all the grammatical errors so you could read it in its original form. He reads a lot of English books, so he has surpassed his classmates in English ability. I loved this story and wanted to share it with you guys.

2 comments:

Brigette said...

Did you also leave in all of the capitals. I love how he RANDOMLY capitalized things that had to do with RADIOACTIVITY. Sounds like a cool kid.

Maddie said...

Sure as hell beats my modern art term paper.